Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Da Boyz Contingency Plans


Hey Guys,

Bill here; as you know I am planning on attending Da Boyz GT with my Eldar jetbike army. While I really do not have a major concern about it getting done, but the possibility has given me an excuse to play around with a list that would require little investment, be something very different and of course not be a net list. I noticed the bountiful amount of LD based abilities and psychic powers. I than looked at my beautifully painted Traitor Guard and figured I could do something here. The trick was doing it without creating a gimmick and instead something that is useful in many ways. After two test games and some tweaking this is what I came up with.

1850 Pts - Chaos Daemons Roster

HQ: Keeper of Secrets (1#, 170 pts)
   1 Keeper of Secrets, 170 pts (S: Daemon; S: Fleet; S: Hatred (Daemons of Khorne); S: Rending; S: Fear)

Heavy Support: Daemon Prince (1#, 330 pts)
   1 Daemon Prince, 330 pts (Daemonic Flight; DG: Warp-forged Armour; DA: Daemon of Slaanesh; S: Daemon; S: Fleet; S: Hatred (Daemons of Khorne); S: Rending; S: Fear; DR: Greater Rewards x2; Psyker (Mastery Level 3))

Heavy Support: Daemon Prince (1#, 340 pts)
   1 Daemon Prince, 340 pts (Daemonic Flight; DG: Warp-forged Armour; DA: Daemon of Slaanesh; S: Daemon; S: Fleet; S: Hatred (Daemons of Khorne); S: Rending; S: Fear; DR: Greater Rewards x1; DR: Exalted Rewards; Psyker (Mastery Level 3))

Troops: Plaguebearers of Nurgle (10#, 90 pts)
   10 Plaguebearers of Nurgle, 90 pts (S: Daemon; S: Hatred (Daemons of Tzeentch); S: Shrouded; S: Slow and Purposeful; S: Fear)

Troops: Plaguebearers of Nurgle (10#, 90 pts)
   10 Plaguebearers of Nurgle, 90 pts (S: Daemon; S: Hatred (Daemons of Tzeentch); S: Shrouded; S: Slow and Purposeful; S: Fear)

HQ: Lord Commissar (1#, 70 pts)
   1 Lord Commissar (HQ) [Guard], 70 pts

Elite: Psyker Battle Squad (9#, 100 pts)
   8 Psyker Battle Squad (Elite) [Guard], 100 pts
      1 Overseer [Guard]

Troops: Infantry Platoon (46#, 305 pts)
   1 Infantry Platoon (Troops) [Guard], 305 pts
      4 Platoon Command Squad [Guard] (Flamer x4)
         1 Platoon Commander [Guard]
         1 Chimera [Guard] (Heavy Flamer)
      9 Infantry Squad [Guard]
         1 Sergeant [Guard]
      9 Infantry Squad [Guard]
         1 Sergeant [Guard]
      9 Infantry Squad [Guard]
         1 Sergeant [Guard]
      9 Infantry Squad [Guard]
         1 Sergeant [Guard]

Fast Attack: Vendetta Gunship Squadron (1#, 130 pts)
   1 Vendetta Gunship Squadron (Fast) [Guard], 130 pts
      1 Vendetta [Guard]

Heavy Support: Ordnance Battery (2#, 150 pts)
   1 Ordnance Battery (Heavy) [Guard], 150 pts
      1 Griffon [Guard]
      1 Griffon [Guard]

: Imperial Bastion (1#, 75 pts)
   1 Imperial Bastion [Guard], 75 pts (Emplaced Heavy Bolters x4)

Total Roster Cost: 1850



I really felt that I was on the verge of creating a gimmick list here until I actually played  a couple games with this list and quickly realized that yes the Psyker Battle Squad (PBS) power did really make this list uber but it did not fall apart when that power did not go off; it was just a bonus. The list has a really strong and hard to shift ground presence in the form of the IG blob and bastion, very strong anti-air, decent melee, and always my favorite; very dirty, very sneaky tricks involving the PBS and the various forms of fuckery in the telepathy table, the dicipline of excess, the doomstone, and the pinning with the griffons. I really wish I had two PBS and one of the lists did but than it put it over that line of being a gimmick and I had to give up too much.

The PBS always starts in the bastion and moves to the top of the bastion when they need to cast while the daemon princes are flying around the psychic screaming, puppet mastering, lashing while the keeper is generally hiding behind the bastion, providing assault support for the blob and throwing out a pavane here and there. In this list I like the griffons over the manticores because I really need the anti-infantry, they are super accurate, always get two shots instead of the potential 1 and can fire more than 4 turns. Plus my griffons look bitchin.' I also kept in my BBQ wagon which is my 4 flamer platoon command squad in a chimera. This unit is so brutal for the points, has to be killed and is generally just another threat to scoring units.

I thought I would have trouble with Tau so I played a hammer and anvil game against them and with relic as the primary and lets just say it went very well. I am having a blast with the list and will be playing it until my Eldar are done.

What do you guys think? Any questions on how something works? Comments?




2 comments:

  1. I was gonna ask why griffons over colossi but then I checked prices and I agree 2 for 1 is better haha.

    This armies scoring doesnt seem super Mobil so would you just be looking to contest your opponents objectives with the DP'S/keeper and using your guys to take midfield/backfield objectives?

    Also is the bastion just for a LOS blocker and some protection for your blob? Or is their something I'm missing with that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great questions and thanks for the comment. I have a few options for scoring; the plague bearers usually deep strike in, I have options for a portal glyph and don't for forget that BBQ wagon is scoring. Also in Big Guns my DPs are scoring.

      The bastion serves two purposes: LoS blocker for my princes if I don't get first, it's also the home for my PBS to keep them safe (relatively) although I can't shoot out of the fire points I can use my powers off the top so I usually move them up first turn. I can also not blob and throw a unit in there while the rest go up and move them onto a. Objective later

      Delete